Basic Drawings for "Pricing Set" and for "Construction Set"
Drawings will be as detailed or as abbreviated as you desire.
Our custom home design services are headquartered in Van Buren, Arkansas with conference facilities in
Bentonville, Arkansas for client convenience.
We can draw more details any time but would rather see you get under construction.
The KISS rule with custom home design may be time-worn but applies when establishing a balance between too much and not enough.
Nevertheless, full details do make all the difference, and being a Custom Home Design Service, we are ready to engage all levels of details to communicate your intentions... just let us know your preferences.
1. SITE PLAN : Locates buildings, utilities, grades, setbacks and easements, property boundaries, sidewalks and driveways, trees, septic if appropriate.
2. FLOOR PLAN(S) : Custom floor plan designs start with hand sketches, proceeding to CAD drafting.
3. ROOF PLAN : Major components of the roof, including roof pitches and materials.
4. ELEVATIONS : Vertical dimensions (windows, doors and top plates), exterior materials, and explanation of notable features.
5. FOUNDATION PLAN : Slab and/or footing layout showing the relationship to the outside face of walls above. Top of slab/footing elevation relative to finish floor. Fully dimensioned.
6. FRAMING PLAN(S) : Rafter, joist, purlin, truss, header and beam layout, sized and spaced to meet IBC Code requirements. Openings for chases, stairwells, elevators, balconies. Fully dimensioned.
7. DOOR, WINDOW, FINISH, MATERIAL SCHEDULES : Diagrammatic explanations for types of doors & windows, manufacturer R.O. / Model No.. Exterior finishes by type, material, color, style. Interior finishes by material, generic style, not color.
8. MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL PLANS : Circuit layout for fixtures, appliances, switches. Fixture & appliance selection by owner. Generic duct layout for HVAC, sized if requested.
Plumbing fixtures and appliances located on floor plans. Risers not provided.
PRICING SET will be issued once all major elements are included and the drawings contain sufficient information for contractors to develop their estimates and pool them together to establish a construction budget.
Owners take time to review drawings and the construction budget, then bring us the revisions.
CONSTRUCTION SET incorporates the revisions and finalizes all details into the package which is released for a final, hard bid.